Realizing that the world's natural resources are limited and fragile, ICP, Inc considers environmental protection to be consistent with its overall goals and values and an important consideration in its total activities. This commitment to environmental protection is reflected in our programs and practices for conducting operations in an environmentally as well as economically responsible manner.
Furthermore, the ICP recognizes that effective environmental management can positively impact us in several important ways. For example: (1) programs designed to make efficient use of natural resources often minimize operating costs; (2) environmental quality programs help enhance the Corporation's reputation in the industry and with our clients; and (3) compliance programs minimize risk and potential legal liability. In these ways and more, environmental protection is viewed by ICP as important to the economic well-being of the corporation and the environment.
In light of the above principles, the following corporate environmental policy has been established.
Environmental Policy Statement
Environmental protection is a management responsibility as well as the responsibility of every employee of ICP. This policy concerning environmental protection addresses aspects of the corporation's operations which can potentially impact the environment.
ICP shall seek to:
- Conduct its operations in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards concerning environmental protection and provide a mechanism for self-monitoring to ensure compliance and continual improvement.
- Establish corporate environmental objectives and targets relevant to the environmental impacts of its activities and a means to measure progress against these objectives. These objectives and targets shall be reviewed and revised as necessary on an annual basis.
- Continually improve environmental management policies, programs, and performance, based on the results of our periodic reviews and taking into account regulatory developments, customer needs, technical developments, scientific understanding, and community expectations.
- Minimize the environmental risks to our employees and the communities in which we operate.
- Promote employee awareness of environmental concerns, actions, and responsibilities
- Promote the adoption of environmental protection goals and practices by contractors and suppliers acting on behalf of ICP, strongly encouraging improvements in our partners' practices to make them consistent with those of ICP
Above all, ICP employees will strive to continually improve our efforts to create a cleaner and safer environment.