When ICP initially designed its Quality Integration Center (QIC), the goal was to create a showcase facility for configuration and integration projects. For over 20 years the QIC’s capacity, speed, and state-of-the-art services have rarely been surpassed.
ICP has continually made improvements to the QIC, but this process was interrupted by the volume and urgency of client needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. As operations began to normalize, we evaluated the QIC and decided to invest in expanding the facility and upgrading its infrastructure—not only to maintain but to advance our leadership position.
In April 2022, expansion of the QIC was completed. Its enhanced features and capabilities include:
• Production capacity of 800,000+ systems annually
• Implementation of high-density Wi-Fi technology to increase production volume
• Enhanced storage systems, which increase and optimize image performance and deployment
• Dedicated cellular extenders, which enhance mobile network signals via ICP’s multi-WAN broadband connections
• Increased automation through the use of services servers to optimize and reduce provisioning times
• Installation of new high-precision, high-efficiency laser etching stations
• Dedicated environments for Proof of Concept and customer testing
The changes made by ICP improve our configuration/integration and distribution processes for all systems. However, the QIC’s expansion should prove especially useful in meeting the growing demands of the mobile market and remote workforce.